June 29th trip to the Old River Control Structures

Home Forums Club Events June 29th trip to the Old River Control Structures

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Joe Bourg
    Participant

Details: Meet at the Iberville Parish Visitors Center at Grosse Tete just North of I-10 at 10:15AM, Saturday, June 29th.
    Leave the Visitors Center at 10:35AM and travel North on Hwy 77 to Rosedale and on to Maringouin, then North on HWY 977 to Valverda. Turn Right onto HWY 77 through Livonia and Fordoche to Hwy 10 to Morganza. If allowed, we will drive North on Hwy 1 crossing the Morganza Floodway . Parking along the Floodway is prohibited at this time (May 29th) and probably will be through June. We will then turn Right onto HWY 15 heading North to the Old River Control Structures (parking restricted in those areas also) . After viewing whatever is allowed, we will head South on Hwy 15 and turn Right onto HWY 418. Then we will turn Right onto HWY 1 and proceed to the Family Grill (318-941-2826) in Simmesport for Lunch.—16537 HWY 1. After lunch , options for the BR, NOLA and North Shore and other Easterners include heading South on HWY 1 to the Audubon Bridge on HWY 10, the US 190 Bridge or, (not recommended), I-10 Bridge to head to destinations East. For the Acadiana Krewe and anyone else that wants to, we will head West on HWY 1 and then turn Left onto Hwy 1183 to Hwy 105. From there we will head South on Hwy 105 , possibly making an optional stop at Canatella’s in Melville before heading to Krotz Springs and turning West onto Hwy 190 for Western destinations. The latter route can also be used for Eastern destinations with the caveat that you have to turn East on Hwy 190 at Krotz Springs. I expect hot weather and possibly restricted access to some roads in the area. We may have to make adjustments on the route. Let me know if you are planning to attend by registering for the event. It could be a very interesting trip,. You may want to print this out for the trip.

JakeMiller
    Participant

We’re good to go at present time.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.